ENT doctors treat a wide range of conditions for patients of all ages in Goodyear – but many people have a limited knowledge of exactly what they do. Having a thorough understanding of the wide scope of their knowledge will help you determine when it’s time to make an appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist.
Otolaryngologists Wear Many Hats
Ear, nose and throat doctors – professionally known as otolaryngologists – treat diseases and disorders that affect the ears, nose, throat, head and neck. Broadly speaking, they typically find solutions for patients in Goodyear experiencing the following medical conditions:
- Ear disorders such as otitis media (ear infection), hearing loss, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), dizziness and vertigo.
- Nose issues that affect the nasal cavities and sinuses, especially those that interfere with breathing and smell.
- Throat problems that affect speech, eating, swallowing and digestion.
Many ENT doctors focus on very specific conditions, specializing in areas such as head and neck cancers, thyroid disorders, facial plastic and reconstructive surgeries, sleep disorders and more. Your Goodyear otolaryngologist can help you find a solution for almost anything above the shoulders!
Experiencing These Symptoms? See an ENT
Ear, nose and throat specialists in Goodyear help patients of all ages experiencing any of the symptoms below.
- Balance problems
- Hearing impairment
- Ear infection
- Tonsil or adenoid infection
- Swimmer’s ear
- Pain in the ears, nose or throat
- Breathing problems
- Down’s syndrome
- Sinus infections
- Tumors in the ears, nose, throat, head or neck
- Deviated septum
- Undesirable appearance of the nose or face
- Nasal congestion
- Problems with smell
- Voice or swallowing problems
- Sore throat or hoarseness
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Sleep apnea
You might be more comfortable seeing your primary care physician or general practitioner. While it’s true that these medical professionals should be able to provide you with care, only an ENT doctor has the education and experience to provide long-term solutions for most of these disorders. They don’t just focus on eliminating your symptoms – they look for long-term solutions that will keep you healthy for a long time to come.
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms, make an appointment with a Goodyear ear, nose and throat specialist for a dependable treatment solution.