Throughout the pandemic, many people have put off seeking non-emergency health care services, including from their audiologists and ENT physicians. While this is totally understandable, it’s no longer necessary. Between vaccination rollouts and best practice guidelines being released and followed, you can now feel safe accessing necessary ENT care.
What You Can Expect from Us
We’re following guidelines put in place by the CDC, the local and state government and the American Academy of Audiology to ensure our patients can access care and stay healthy.
Some policies we’ve implemented to protect our staff and patients include:
- We’re conducting as many appointments as possible via telehealth, so you can access care from your home.
- In-person visits are scheduled with enough gaps between them for staff to disinfect the rooms.
- We’re asking patients to fill out paperwork in advance from home to limit time spent in the waiting room.
- We’re screening patients to minimize the risk of those who have been exposed to or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 spreading the virus.
- Face masks are worn at all possible times by staff and patients.
- Communication without masks for those who rely on lipreading is done at a distance.
- Patients are asked to attend their appointments solo when possible, though loved ones may join via FaceTime call.
- Check-out may be done over the phone to minimize time spent in waiting room.
What We’re Asking from You
While we’re doing all that we can to keep our staff and patients safe, we need your cooperation to do so. We ask that all of our patients:
- Reschedule their appointment if they’re exhibiting symptoms of COVID or have been exposed to the virus.
- Wear face masks at all times while in the facility.
- Use hand sanitizer after touching shared surfaces. While we will some available, you can also purchase your own from Reed’s Compounding Pharmacy.
- Follow social-distance guidelines when waiting in lines and when sitting in the waiting room.
For more information about our policies related to COVID-19 safety or to schedule an appointment, call Arizona Desert ENT Specialists today.